Thursday, April 23, 2009

the queston of the day

"do africans use toilet paper"??

i'm still not sure. you'd think it would be clear by now, but it's not! they don't usually keep toilet paper in the bathrooms, thankfully my host family accomodates me, but even then...with 4 or 5 people sharing the same bathroom, it seemed like i was the only one using the tp. hmmm. There are usually faucets next to the toilet witha bucket so my best guess is that they just use water instead of tp, but i don't know. sometimes the water doesn't work! what do you do then?

haha, this is all very foreign and amusing to me. it's so different! i'll do some investigations and let you know what i find out...

2 comments:

  1. When I traveled in Cyprus and Egypt last summer, I discovered that they use TP less than we do. And IF they do use it, they don't flush it, they just toss it in the garbage.
    I believe water is the main method.

    Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. imagine all the money you could save by not having to buy TP ever again if you could somehow learn to tolerate the water method... :)

    ReplyDelete