Friday, April 17, 2009

the adventure begins

in about ten hours. it's midnight, the night before i hop onto planes that will take me to a new continent, a new country, a new culture, a new time in my life. it's hard to sound excited because i'm very sleepy and need to go to bed...but i am. very! this past week has been nice to just relax and calm down my anxieties about the trip, to just be with friends and family and enjoy my time at home. I am, of course, still mindful and expectant of all the struggle, hardship, fatigue, loneliness, and heartbreak that is to come over the next three months - but i have decided i just need to let it come when it does. I can't be thinking about all that now, even though i know it will come...let each day worry about itself, right? So, as of now, i feel pretty calm and at peace. THe only exception is that i have concerns about money swimming around the back of my head. ( and i fear that trying not to worry about them is a little bit like denial of the fact that they are real, actual concerns that i need to face sooner or later). AKA i'm broke!! lol, and i'm still hoping that more people feel moved to donate to my trip so that i can stay as long as i hope to and will still be able to function/survive when i return.

anyways, this is my farewell from the US for a while. hello, Tanzania!! it's gonna be great. crazy and nuts, but great. thank you again to everyone for all the support and love and prayers. i am very very blessed by you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment