Saturday, June 27, 2009

cape town

I've been having a good time so far, despite being by myself lol. Took a tour down the Cape Point which was awesome. The weather actually cleared up for most of the trip and it was breathtaking views the whole time. Drove down the point and saw ostriches, penguins, and baboons! Rode a bike for a bit down to the Cape of Good Hope and then a short hike up to a view point. Pretty gorgeous. Met 3 girls from Hawaii who are travelling all over and had a great time hanging out with them. Met up with them another day and walked around the waterfront and listened to live music at a little italian restaraunt. Been drinking lots of coffee and taking lots of walks around the city. Cape town feels very european and is kind of a weird experience since living in Dodoma for the past couple months. I've actually been missing tanzania and all things african. CT hardly feels african. and most of the africans i've met here are from other countries... The part of town my hostel is in feels a LOT like seattle or portland. full of coffee shops, hipsters, and retro boutiques. It's nice, but again, just weird to come from Tz to this. I'm sensing my transition to life back in Tacoma will be quite difficult also. There have been a couple hiccups during the trip involving my non-working ATM card (thus preventing me from getting cash at ALL. thank god i met those hawaii girls who have lent me some cash...) and also some obnoxious, drunk, british rugby fans (i had to switch out of my dorm room because one of them just wouldn't leave me alone...). But i'm trying to keep stress levels low and just go with the flow. Going back to Dar on tuesday and i'm excited for the heat, actually. it's too cold here!

No comments:

Post a Comment