Monday, May 25, 2009

on a different note

than the previous post...

i've had a really great weekend! I think after this last week (which is when I wrote the previous post) I needed a little bit of time away. Conveniently, there is a group of 3 New Zealanders who arrived in Dodoma this week and I've been getting to spend quite a bit of time with them, as well as some other mzungu's in town. It's been a nice little break to be able to have dinner with them and to get to process some of what I've been experiencing here with them. They're only spending a few days in Dodoma so they're off to Arusha tomorrow... but I'm already planning when I can take a trip to New Zealand for a visit. They've been a ton of fun to hang out with and I'm really thankful for their company. As well as some of the other people in town. One missionary family live on a compound about 15 mins. outside of town and i got to hang out there all day yesterday. It was glorious. Did some reading on their green grass, climbed on the big rocks around their house, watched their kids play football, ate home-made chocolate chip cookies(!!), etc. It was a much needed, relaxing day. Where they live actually reminded me of eastern Washington a lot. Made me wish I was hanging out on Lake Chelan with Rachael's family! :) Anyways, so i am quite thankful for the new friendships i'm finding here in tanzania...hopefully people I will get to see again!

No comments:

Post a Comment